Starting Monday, 2. November, more stringent measures to contain the corona pandemic will apply until and including 30 November 2020. According to the Eighth Bavarian Ordinance on Infection Prevention Measures, no events can take place in the Gasteig during this period. The Munich City Library will remain open and most of the courses offered by the Münchner Volkshochschule adult education centre will continue to take place. At the University of Music and Performing Arts Munich, the practice rooms remain available to students for use under strict conditions.
Here are the most important rules for your visit to the Gasteig:
- Come to the Gasteig only if you are healthy! Anyone who is infected with the corona virus or shows symptoms of Covid-19, who is in contact with an infected person or who is not allowed to be out of the house for other reasons related to the corona (e. g. quarantine requirements), is not allowed to enter the Gasteig.
- Please enter the Gasteig only via the Glass Hall (main entrance). Observe the separate entries and exits. Disinfectant dispensers are available there.
- Wear a face mask at all times while in the Gasteig (children under 6 years of age are exempt). This also applies to the underground car park.
- Keep your distance: You must always keep a distance of at least 1.5 metres from people who you do not share a household with. Take special care when using lifts, staircases and toilets. Observe the notices and markings.
- Visitors to the Münchner Volkshochschule should observe the hygiene regulations of the MVHS at www.mvhs.de/ueber-uns/presse/hygienekonzept-der-muenchner-volkshochschule. For information about visiting the Munich City Library, see www.muenchner-stadtbibliothek.de/offenetueren and for the infection control measures at the University of Music and Performing Arts Munich, see https://www.hmtm.de/de/69-deutsch/meldungen/2625-coronavirus-uebersicht-der-hygienemassnahmen (both in German language).
- There are 270 parking spaces available in the underground car park. Lifts from the underground car park must be used only by one person at a time or by several persons who live in the same household.
- All cloakrooms in the Gasteig remain closed for the time being.
- Unfortunately, we are currently unable to provide food and drink in the intermissions or seating in the foyers.
- Anyone who does not comply with the prescribed hygiene rules may be instructed to leave the building. Always follow the instructions of our security and house personnel.
Thank you for your cooperation and see you at the Gasteig!