- Corona Rules
- Control Points
- Corona Test Center
- Munich Ticket
- Contact Information
The basis for all corona regulations in the Gasteig is the updated 15th Bavarian Infection Protection Measures Ordinance (in German language, valid until February 9).
For the Gasteig and Gasteig HP8 this means
- »2G« rule for all visitors to Hall E in Sendling and the Glas Hall in Haidhausen, for use of the library and information and ticket counters there is no additional testing required. Access is permitted to visitors who have been vaccinated, are recovering or are not yet forteen years old – with appropriate proof of this status and identification. FFP2 masks must be worn; for young people up to 16 years, a medical mask is sufficient. Exception: On some days, the 2G plus rule must be applied to Hall E due to the event. We will inform you about this separately and at this point.
- In course rooms of the MVHS Munich Adult Education Centre in Gasteig Haidhausen, the »2G« rule applies and FFP2 masks must be worn; for movement courses (dance, fitness etc.) it is the »2G plus« rule. Detailed information on rules relating to the MVHS courses and events can be found here.
- »2G plus« rule at all events: Visitors below the age of forteen years must be vaccinated or have recovered and must provide proof of this status as well as a negative test and proof of identity; For boostered persons, the testing obligation is waived. Persons who have recovered after an infection (vaccine breakthrough) after complete immunization are also exempt from compulsory testing. Appropriate proof is required. FFP2 masks must be worn on site also during the event; for adolescents up to 16 years of age, a medical mask is sufficient.
- Proof of testing: written or electronic, e. g. PCR tests (result not older than 48 h) or point-of-care (PoC) antigen tests within the past 24 h.
- Hall occupancy for events: a maximum of 25 percent audience capacity. Many event organisers are currently cancelling tickets that have already been sold and are putting the reduced contingent back on sale. If you have any questions, please contact the respective event organiser directly (indicated in brackets at the end of each event listing).
- Gasteig Haidhausen: When entering the Glass Hall and at the Gasteig entrance from the underground car park.
- Gasteig HP8: Usually at the North Entrance (main entrance). For events in the library or Hall E, the 2G plus check takes place directly in front of the venue (Projector, Generator). All persons who have already been checked for 2G plus due to attending an event will receive a wrist band. For visitors to the library, restaurants, etc. 2G only will be checked at the North Entrance. Due to the current cool temperatures and draughts, the East Entrance is closed.
In individual cases, due to the large number of events at the Gasteig HP8, a 2G plus check might be carried out exclusively for all. We will inform you about this separately and at this point.
- Outside of an event visit: Children up to their sixth birthday, pre-schoolers and schoolchildren up to 14 years who are subject to regular testing in school do not require additional proof of testing. A student ID or identity document is considered proof. For people from 14 years of age, the »2G rule (vaccinated or recovered, with proof of identity) applies as for adults.
- When attending an event: The above rules apply except for people from 14 years of age, the »2G plus« rule applies as for adults (vaccinated or recovered plus negative test, with proof of identity; exception for boosted persons and Persons who have recovered after an infection (vaccine breakthrough) after complete immunization.
- Tickets purchased at the evening or daytime box office must be personalised. Please allow sufficient time as there may be waiting times.
- For bars and restaurants, the »2G« rule applies; at events with catering (e.g. receptions), »2G plus« applies.
General Information for all Gasteig Visitors
Please come to the Gasteig and the Gasteig HP8 in good health! If you are infected with the coronavirus or show Covid symptoms, are in contact with an infected person or are not allowed to leave your home for other corona-related reasons (e.g. quarantine), you will not be allowed to enter the premises. The required proof of vaccination and negative test requirements are based on the applicable legal regulations.
Please keep your distance from others (at least 1.5 metres) and ensure adequate hand hygiene.
Recommendation for all event visitors: Please arrive in good time before the event you are attending, as the on-site admissions control may take some time! To ensure speedy admission, please prepare your proofs and documents and show them to our admissions staff on arrival.
If you do not comply with the prescribed hygiene rules, you may be expelled from the building. The instructions of our security and admissions staff must be followed at all times.
Please find out about the current situation on the website of the respective institutions
- Munich Philharmonic Orchestra: mphil.de or go directly to their hygiene concept in English
- Munich City Library/Münchner Stadtbibliothek: Stadtbibliothek im HP8 (German)
- Munich Adult Education Centre/Münchner Volkshochschule: mvhs.de / Regulations in English
- Munich University of Music and Theatre (HMTM): hmtm.de / Corona Update (German)
Gasteig HP8 is open from 7 AM to 11 PM, the Gasteig from 8 AM to 11 PM. The GAiA Deli & News in the Gasteig HP8 is open daily from Monday to Saturday 9 AM to 5 PM and on Sunday 10 AM to 6 PM. The Babá in the Gasteig in Haidhausen is open Monday to Friday 11 AM to 3 PM. The opening hours of München Ticket can be found below.
For the latest information on all events at the Gasteig, please visit gasteig.de/aktuell. For questions regarding tickets already purchased, please contact the organiser or the respective ticket agency. The organiser is given in brackets at the end of each event description in the Gasteig publications. For ticket returns, in the event of cancellations and for questions regarding already purchased tickets, please contact the respective event organiser directly (indicated in brackets at the end of each event description in the programme booklet and in the Gasteig online event calendar).
Gasteig Haidhausen: There is a corona test centre in the Gasteig for all people aged 5 and over. The centre is located in the premises of the former Children's and Youth Library (ground floor), access via the Celibidacheforum. It is open daily from 8 AM to 8 PM – from February 1st 2022 on from 10:30 AM to 7:30 PM. An appointment at covidzentrum.de is required.
Gasteig HP8:The Wirtshaus am Isartal restaurant very near Gasteig HP8 offers a quick test service, also without appointment. Results in 20 minutes. Details, including opening hours here.
The opening times of the München Ticket counters are:
Gasteig Haidhausen: Daily (including weekends) from 10 AM to 8:30 PM.
Gasteig HP8: daily (including weekends) from 3 PM to 8 PM.
München Ticket can also be reached by telephone and online:
Ticket telephone: 089-54 81 81 81
Monday to Friday: 10 AM to 5 PM (not on weekends)
Our visitor service is available at the following times:
Daily (also on weekends) from 9 AM to 8:30 PM
By phone: +49 89-480 98-0
You can reach us at any time by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and via our contact form.
Even though there is a lot to consider at the moment, we will try to make your visit as pleasant and safe as possible.
(As of January 12)