The Münchner Volkshochschule (Munich Adult Education Center)
- registers around 250,000 bookings in 19,000 events with over 423,000 class hours in a year
- is an manifestation of our cosmopolitan city: around 34,000 participants learn 54 foreign languages
- has 38,000 bookings in German as a foreign language including exams, a vital contribution to integration!
- serves the business location: with a wide range of professional training courses on offer and cooperation with local businesses
- offers a 2nd chance: around 3,400 young adults catch up on basic education and school-leaving certificates
- promotes health: with an offer of health education on the doorstep which is visited by more than 38,000 Munich folk per year
- is a public forum for debates and positions, in which current political themes are substantiated and discussed
- facilitates education and culture in the centre and all urban districts of Munich: in four urban districts, ten neighbourhoods and many more learning environments
- is just around the corner all over Munich: in the summer the new neighbourhood centre Allach-Untermenzing opens. The MVHS is present in all areas, ensuring that the path to lifelong learning remains short.
- grows with the requirements: further learning centres are planned for more neighbourhoods, such as in Riem and Freiham
- facilitates a vibrant culture within the community whereby its programme leads to cultural involvement and shaping as well as bringing the people closer to its cultural treasures
- strengthens the solidarity between young and old: on its own the educational programme for seniors brings in around 19,000 participants. The courses for the »Junge Volkshochschule« brings in around 11,000 youths and young adults