The Münchner Volkshochschule (Munich Adult Education Center)
- registers around 250,000 bookings in 19,000 events with over 423,000 class hours in a year
- is an manifestation of our cosmopolitan city: around 34,000 participants learn 54 foreign languages
- has 38,000 bookings in German as a foreign language including exams, a vital contribution to integration!
- serves the business location: with a wide range of professional training courses on offer and cooperation with local businesses
- offers a 2nd chance: around 3,400 young adults catch up on basic education and school-leaving certificates
- promotes health: with an offer of health education on the doorstep which is visited by more than 38,000 Munich folk per year
- is a public forum for debates and positions, in which current political themes are substantiated and discussed
- facilitates education and culture in the centre and all urban districts of Munich: in four urban districts, ten neighbourhoods and many more learning environments
- is just around the corner all over Munich: in the summer the new neighbourhood centre Allach-Untermenzing opens. The MVHS is present in all areas, ensuring that the path to lifelong learning remains short.
- grows with the requirements: further learning centres are planned for more neighbourhoods, such as in Riem and Freiham
- facilitates a vibrant culture within the community whereby its programme leads to cultural involvement and shaping as well as bringing the people closer to its cultural treasures
- strengthens the solidarity between young and old: on its own the educational programme for seniors brings in around 19,000 participants. The courses for the »Junge Volkshochschule« brings in around 11,000 youths and young adults
Kellerstrasse 6 (entrance Rosenheimer Str. 5)
By order of the Bavarian State Government, the Gasteig is closed until Sunday 19 April 2020 (further information). The information desk and the registration point of the Münchner Volkshochschule are not available during this time.