According to the new version of the 14th Bavarian Infection Protection Measures Ordinance (in German language; valid until October 1) new Corona measures apply in Munich. Among other things, the 3G rule (access only for tested, vaccinated and recovered persons) applies for indoor catering or cultural events when the incedence exceeds the threshold of 35. Visitors at the Gasteig must be able to provide relevant evidence when entering the building.
Here are the most important rules for your visit to the Gasteig:
- Come to the Gasteig only if you are healthy! Anyone who is infected with the corona virus or shows symptoms of Covid-19, who is in contact with an infected person or who is not allowed to be out of the house for other reasons related to the corona (e. g. quarantine requirements), is not allowed to enter the Gasteig. Any requirements for visitors to submit a negative rapid test or proof of vaccination are based on statutory regulations.
- Please enter the Gasteig only via the Glass Hall (main entrance). Observe the separate entries and exits. Disinfectant dispensers are available there.
- Please wear a medical mask at all times while you are in the Gasteig (children under 6 years of age are exempt). If you are attending an event, you must wear a medical mask; this requirement complies with the relevant government regulations and/or statutory regulations. The relevant applicable regulation is indicated on the corresponding signs. Medical masks must also be worn in the underground car park!
- Keep your distance: Everyone is encouraged to keep a minimum distance of 1.5 m from other people. Take special care when using lifts, staircases and toilets. Observe the notices and markings. Visitors must maintain a safe distance of at least 1.5 m from other people as they make their way to the entrance to the auditorium that is indicated on their ticket.
- Visitors to all Gasteig venues must familiarise themselves beforehand with the hygiene protocols and regulations that apply there. The following websites have the latest information from the Münchner Volkshochschule adult education centre, the Munich City Library, the University of Music and Performing Arts Munich and the Munich Philharmonic.
- There are 270 parking spaces available in the underground car park. Lifts from the underground car park must be used only by one person at a time or by several persons who live in the same household.
- All cloakrooms in the Gasteig remain closed for the time being.
- Unfortunately, we are currently unable to provide food and drink in the intermissions or seating in the foyers.
- Anyone who does not comply with the prescribed hygiene rules may be instructed to leave the building. Always follow the instructions of our security and house personnel.
Thank you for your cooperation and see you at the Gasteig!