- Corona Rules
- Corona Test Center
- Corona Vaccination at Gasteig Haidhausen
- Contact Information
Many Corona protection measures have been dropped due to the new Federal Protection against Infection Act. The updated 16th Bavarian Infection Protection Measures Ordinance will apply until 28 Mai (Click here for official information on Bavaria's Corona strategy). This means for your visit to the Gasteig:
- No more restrictions for all visitors: All checks (2G, 2Gplus, 3G) will be dropped. Test or vaccination certificates will no longer be required. We still recommend wearing a medical mask or FFP2 mask indoors and at your seat at events.
- MVHS rules: The principle of »distance or mask« continues to apply to the course and event rooms of the Adult Education Centre. Detailed information can be found on the MVHS page.
- Hall occupancy for events: Specifications on upper capacity and person limits for events are no longer applicable. This means that 100 % of all seats can be filled again.
- Exception: At the request of the organisers, in individual cases, the organiser may decide on stricter admission controls (2G rule, mask obligation). In these cases, visitors will be informed in advance and must comply with these regulations (organisers' house rules). Please inform yourself in advance and contact the organisers directly for any questions (indicated in brackets at the end of each event listing).
General Information for all Gasteig Visitors
- Please come to the Gasteig and the Gasteig HP8 in good health! If you are infected with the coronavirus or show Covid symptoms, are in contact with an infected person or are not allowed to leave your home for other corona-related reasons (e.g. quarantine), you will not be allowed to enter the premises.
- Please keep your distance from others (at least 1.5 metres) and ensure adequate hand hygiene.
- We still recommend wearing a medical mask or FFP2 mask indoors and at the seat.
Please find out about the current situation on the website of the respective institutions
- Munich Philharmonic Orchestra: mphil.de or go directly to their hygiene concept in English
- Munich City Library/Münchner Stadtbibliothek: Stadtbibliothek im HP8 (German)
- Munich Adult Education Centre/Münchner Volkshochschule: mvhs.de / Regulations in English
- Munich University of Music and Theatre (HMTM): hmtm.de / Corona Update (German)
- Gasteig HP8 (Hans-Preißinger-Straße 8) is open from 7 AM to 11 PM
- GAiA Restaurant in House K with outdoor terrace: daily from 9 AM to 1 AM.; the terrace currently closes at 10 PM. Reservations: by telephone on +49 89 48098-2710 or by e-mail.
- GAiA Deli&News on the ground floor of Hall E: Monday to Friday from 9 AM to 11 PM; Saturday, Sunday and public holidays from 10 AM to 8 PM; during events in the Isarphilharmonie until 11 PM.
- GAiA Bar in Hall E: From 2 hours before the start of the event and then until 11 PM
- Gasteig in Haidhausen is open from 8 AM to 11 PM
- The Babá in the Gasteig in Haidhausen is open Monday to Friday 11 AM to 3 PM.
The München Ticket counter in the Gasteig HP8 is open daily (including weekends) from 10 AM to 8 PM. Daytime or evening box offices, even if they deviate from these times, are excluded. These are always open one hour before the start of the event.
München Ticket can also be reached by telephone and online:
Ticket telephone: 089-54 81 81 81
Monday to Friday: 10 AM to 5 PM (not on weekends)
For the latest information on all events at the Gasteig, please visit gasteig.de/aktuell. For questions regarding tickets already purchased, please contact the organiser or the respective ticket agency. The organiser is given in brackets at the end of each event description in the Gasteig publications. For ticket returns, in the event of cancellations and for questions regarding already purchased tickets, please contact the respective event organiser directly (indicated in brackets at the end of each event description in the programme booklet and in the Gasteig online event calendar).
Gasteig Haidhausen: A municipal Corona testing station is located in the former children's and youth library of the Gasteig in Haidhausen. Testing is possible daily, an appointment booking is required in advance. Access to the test station is via the forecourt (Celibidacheforum). Read more
Gasteig HP8:The Wirtshaus am Isartal restaurant very near Gasteig HP8 offers a quick test service, also without appointment. Results in 20 minutes. Details, including opening hours here.
Vaccinations are offered without an appointment at the Gasteig Vaccination Centre (Foyer Philharmonie at Gasteig Haidhausen, Rosenheimer Straße 5). However, prior registration and appointment at https://impfzentren.bayern/index_en.html is still possible and can help to avoid waiting times. The Gasteig Vaccination Centre is open daily from 9 am to 5:45 PM, on Wednesdays until 9 PM. A valid identification document must be brought to the vaccination (identity card or passport) as well as - if available - the yellow vaccination certificate and proof of previous vaccinations with QR code. The QR code enables much faster registration on site and thus reduces waiting times.
Our visitor service is available at the following times:
Daily (also on weekends) from 9 AM to 8:30 PM
By phone: +49 89-480 98-0
You can reach us at any time by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and via our contact form.
We wish you a pleasant and safe stay at the Gasteig!
(As of May 2)