Since November 24, corona rules in Bavaria have been tightened again, based on the new 15th Bavarian Infection Protection Measures Ordinance (in German language, valid until Dec. 15). If the 7-day incidence in Munich rises above the 1000 mark, all cultural events must be canceled.
For the Gasteig and Gasteig HP8 this means
- »2G« rule for all visitors to the buildings, including the bars and restaurants: Access is permitted to visitors who have been vaccinated, are recovering or are not yet twelve years and three months old – with appropriate proof of this status and identification. FFP2 masks must be worn; for young people up to 16 years, a medical mask is sufficient.
- »2G plus« rule at all events: Visitors below the age of twelve years and three months must be vaccinated or have recovered and must provide proof of this status as well as a negative test and proof of identity; FFP2 masks must be worn on site also during the event; for adolescents up to 16 years of age, a medical mask is sufficient.
- Proof of testing: written or electronic, e. g. PCR tests (result not older than 48 h) or point-of-care (PoC) antigen tests within the past 24 h.
- Hall occupancy for events: a maximum of 25 percent audience capacity. Many event organisers are currently cancelling tickets that have already been sold and are putting the reduced contingent back on sale. If you have any questions, please contact the respective event organiser directly (indicated in brackets at the end of each event listing).
- Outside of an event visit: Children up to their sixth birthday, pre-schoolers and schoolchildren up to 12 years and 3 months who are subject to regular testing in school do not require additional proof of testing. A student ID or identity document is considered proof. For people from 12 years and 3 months of age, the »2G rule (vaccinated or recovered, with proof of identity) applies as for adults.
- When attending an event: Children up to their sixth birthday, pre-schoolers and schoolchildren up to 12 years and 3 months who are subject to regular testing in school do not require additional proof of testing. A student ID or identity document is considered proof. For people from 12 years and 3 months of age, the »2G plus« rule (vaccinated or recovered plus negative test, with proof of identity) applies as for adults.
- Gasteig HP8 / events: For events taking place in the evening, the »2G plus« rule applies to Hall E in Gasteig HP8 and thus also to the City Library from 5 PM. The same applies to daytime events in Hall E from one hour before the start of the event.
- Tickets purchased at the evening or daytime box office must be personalised. Please allow sufficient time as there may be waiting times.
- In course rooms of the MVHS Munich Adult Education Centre in Gasteig Haidhausen, the »2G« rule applies and FFP2 masks must be worn. Detailed information on rules relating to the MVHS courses and events can be found here.
- For bars and restaurants, the »2G« rule applies; at events with catering (e.g. receptions), »2G plus« applies.
General Information for all Gasteig Visitors
Please come to the Gasteig and the Gasteig HP8 in good health! If you are infected with the coronavirus or show Covid symptoms, are in contact with an infected person or are not allowed to leave your home for other corona-related reasons (e.g. quarantine), you will not be allowed to enter the premises. The required proof of vaccination and negative test requirements are based on the applicable legal regulations.
Please keep your distance from others (at least 1.5 metres) and ensure adequate hand hygiene.
Recommendation for all event visitors: Please arrive in good time before the event you are attending, as the on-site admissions control may take some time! To ensure speedy admission, please prepare your proofs and documents and show them to our admissions staff on arrival.
If you do not comply with the prescribed hygiene rules, you may be expelled from the building. The instructions of our security and admissions staff must be followed at all times.
Please find out about the current situation on the website of the respective institutions
- Munich Philharmonic Orchestra: mphil.de or go directly to their hygiene concept in English
- Munich City Library/Münchner Stadtbibliothek: Stadtbibliothek im HP8 (German)
- Munich Adult Education Centre/Münchner Volkshochschule: mvhs.de / Regulations in English
- Munich University of Music and Theatre (HMTM): hmtm.de / Corona Update (German)
Gasteig HP8 is open from 7 AM to 11 PM, the Gasteig from 8 AM to 11 PM. The GAiA Deli & News in the Gasteig HP8 is open daily from Monday to Saturday 9 AM to 11 PM (10 PM until 15.12. due to current restrictions) and on Sunday 10 AM to 8 PM. The Babá in the Gasteig in Haidhausen is open Monday to Friday 11 AM to 3 PM. The opening hours of München Ticket can be found below.
For the latest information on all events at the Gasteig, please visit gasteig.de/aktuell. For questions regarding tickets already purchased, please contact the organiser or the respective ticket agency. The organiser is given in brackets at the end of each event description in the Gasteig publications. For ticket returns, in the event of cancellations and for questions regarding already purchased tickets, please contact the respective event organiser directly (indicated in brackets at the end of each event description in the programme booklet and in the Gasteig online event calendar).
Gasteig Haidhausen: There is a corona test centre in the Gasteig for all people aged 5 and over. The centre is located in the foyer of the Philharmonic Hall. It is open daily from 8 AM to 8 PM. An appointment at covidzentrum.de is required.
Gasteig HP8:The Wirtshaus am Isartal restaurant very near Gasteig HP8 offers a quick test service, also without appointment. Results in 20 minutes. Details, including opening hours here.
The opening times of the München Ticket counters are:
Gasteig Haidhausen: Daily (including weekends) from 10 AM to 8:30 PM.
Gasteig HP8: daily (including weekends) from 3 PM to 8 PM.
München Ticket can also be reached by telephone and online:
Ticket telephone: 089-54 81 81 81
Monday to Friday: 10 AM to 5 PM (not on weekends)
Our visitor service is available at the following times:
Daily (also on weekends) from 9 AM to 8:30 PM
By phone: +49 89-480 98-0
You can reach us at any time by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and via our contact form.
Even though there is a lot to consider at the moment, we will try to make your visit as pleasant and safe as possible.
(As of November 25)